Laundry room storage ideas include installation of stock cabinetry, racks, shelves, etc. in a smart way to make the room look elegant and organized.
Moreover, storage ideas for laundry rooms are particularly important for increasing the efficiency of small laundry rooms.
While going through these tips and suggestions, make sure you consider the ones that you find practical and functional for your laundry room depending on its area and design.
- You can keep a narrow freestanding cabinet or cupboard beside the washer and dryer to make use of this space for storage. In addition, you can have a pull-out laundry hamper or a laundry cart between your washer and dryer. You can also have a trash bin on the other side.
- Make the best use of the area just above front-load washer and dryer by installing a counter-top there as a comfortable place to fold clothes. If there is ample space, you can also keep certain decorative items on the counter-top.
- If you are not keen on having a counter-top, you can keep a simple folding table or ironing board at a corner in the room so that it can be used and then placed away as and when required.
- Keeping the folded table in a corner shall ensure that no one trips over it accidentally. When using an ironing board, remember to mount it to the wall after you are done.
- Creating a hanging space behind the door is an excellent laundry room storage idea. You can install a towel bar there to hang clothes. Besides, you may consider having over the door iron board holder.
- Overhead cabinets can be used conveniently to store various detergents, fabric softeners, bleach, stain removers, scrubbers, sponges, etc.
- Closed, built-in cabinets placed at a comfortable height provide a clean look by keeping the laundry items out of sight.
- If you are interested in adjustable open shelving, then you can install wire shelves above the washer and dryer to store all your laundry supplies.
- Moreover, you can install a wall unit with cute cabbies under the stairs in order to enhance the storage space in your small laundry room.
- Keeping the dryer on top of the washer (front-load) and having a sliding shelf in-between these two appliances is one of the most innovative laundry room storage ideas.
- You can use this shelf for folding clothes when there is no adequate space in the laundry closet. Plus, you can consider using fold-able baskets or hampers. Triple storage bins are also quite popular.
- When using a large basement laundry room as utility room as well, make sure you provide sufficient space for storing all the items such as vacuum cleaner, sewing machine, coat rack, bags, backpacks.
- Wall-mounted racks, melamine shelves, and shelf extenders help reduce clutter and leave more floor area for working comfortably in the room.
- Nevertheless, those who have sufficient floor space and do not mind-bending can go for floor cabinets with or without drawers.
- Opting for an open shelving unit in the area is one of the best laundry room storage ideas for large laundry or utility rooms to store wicker laundry baskets, cleaning supplies, towels, etc.